10 Jan Teriyaki Back Strap Recipe
We all have one; a backstrap recipe that’s used and abused. I’m not saying that it ever gets old, however it is nice to change it up every once in a while. Here’s my take on a homemade teriyaki glaze that I have been using this year to drizzle over backstraps. It’s a deviation from how I typically prepare venison, but it works for beef so why not give it a shot?
SPOILER ALERT: It works on venison too!
Teriyaki Back Straps:
- 1 cup water
- 5 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 large clove of minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 pinch of red pepper flakes (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Mix the ingredients in a saucepan and set over medium-low heat.
- Mix the cornstarch with the 1/4 cup water, whisk until it dissolves then add it to the saucepan.
- Heat the sauce until it thickens to your desired consistency.
Grab a few friends, a case of beer, and enjoy!